Monday, June 13, 2011

How Do We Find The Silver Lining in Storm Clouds?

I've pushed positive thinking and optimism so much that it is beginning to sound like an after-school special but the real question is WHY NOT think positive? I believe quite a few of my clients would testify to the fact that positive thinking has actually enhanced their workouts and helped drop pounds! How many times have you prepared for vacation knowing that you will gain those extra pounds while eating and lounging? And I bet you gained every single pound you were so destined to gain.  What about preparing for vacation with a new outlook, just knowing that you are going to feel rejuvenated, refreshed and come back feeling great? I know that person, she left for vacation and came back FOUR POUNDS LIGHTER! I bet I could find handfuls of people that felt so worn out and tired of themselves that they were sure everything they tried would be too hard and would never work. I have heard of every excuse and crippling (which happened to be very minor if diagnosed by anyone with a medical degree) injury that I could write a book instead of a blog.  I've witnessed people over-analyzing (yes, I'm talking about YOU) each and every little part of their body and why their program might not work to the point that I was nearly convinced that it may not work.  But after reminding myself and them over and over and over I've watched a few slowly and then quickly become more positive and shed weight and reach goals that just a few months ago they were destined not to reach.  Just like every after-school special this story comes with a moral: like all things worth having it takes work and practice.  You find the silver lining in the storm clouds by ADAMANTLY looking for it.  You think these people became positive after positive things started happening? Well, Negative Nancy, I hope one day you put on a pair of rose colored glasses and find out that the world really is prettier through that view.

No comments:

Post a Comment