Monday, January 30, 2012

What's Important to You???

One of my clients (ahem, you know who you are) so kindly pointed out that I have not blogged in three weeks.  My first thought was "does she know how many hours I put in and how few hours I'm sitting at a computer?!"  Quickly my second, and a very humbling, thought came roaring through: "If it's important you'll find a way. If it isn't you'll find an excuse." 

My clients (a more appropriate name would be friends) have no idea how big of an impact they always have on me.  The thought of making time for important things of course did not only apply to keeping up with this blog but to finding a balance to all the important things in life.  

People underestimate my understanding of finding time to workout.  Believe me spending 8-12 hours a day in the gym leaves very little desire to spend an extra hour of free time there.  But I understand the IMPORTANCE so I FIND A WAY.  I know that if I don't take care of myself I probably won't find a way to take care of much else either.  

Now that I have admitted that I have slacked off in some important areas I resolve (yes, resolutions are perfect for any day not just January 1) to make a list of the daily, weekly, monthly things that are important to me.  Whether it is spending more time in prayer, resting or catching up with those important to me (I've already got the daily workout thing down pat) if it is important to me I will find a way.

As one of my clients would say (ahem) "in true Melissa fashion" when I have a resolution others normally get a challenge.  So here is my challenge to you:

Create a good life balance: 

  • First write down things that are important to you that you would like to do daily (worry about the week and month thing once the daily runs smoothly).  
  • The evening before decide your way.  Arrange your schedule so that you can fit in that workout, find a 30 minute meal so you can make that dinner, wake up 15 minutes earlier so you can spend some alone time (you get the picture).
  • An equally important factor is deciding what UNIMPORTANT things you are spending your precious time on.  I will make a GUARANTEE that you will feel much better at the end of the day if you did something important to you instead of spending time on Facebook, griping about things you cannot control or just plain being lazy.  Whatever it is: if it is unimportant make NO time for it. 
So there's your challenge.  I may never find out that you did or didn't make time for important things but you will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment